|We Accept Referrals || ||We Do Not Accept Referrals |
|From: Physicians |
For the following types of patients:
- Children’s lung diseases (including asthma and bronchopulmonary dysplasia)
- Sleep disordered breathing in children
|For the following types of patients: |
- Positive tuberculin skin tests
- Non-specific sleep problems
Making a ReferralFax the referral form to the CHEO Scheduling Centre at 613-738-4865.
Please include with your referral:
- lab tests done to date
- X-rays, X-ray reports
- if recurrent pneumonia: office notes of each event or discharge summaries if admitted outside CHEO or Emergency Department visits if seen outside of CHEO
- discharge summaries for any admissions for respiratory illnesses outside of CHEO
- sleep studies if performed outside of CHEO
- growth charts if relevant.
- Please indicate on the referral if an interpreter is required and for which language if not English or French.
Once the referral has been received, reviewed and triaged, an appointment will be booked.
The patient and family will be notified directly with their appointment time.
If the status of your patient changes, it is your responsibility to notify CHEO
Provide This Information for Patients and Families
The Chest Clinic is located in C-9.
Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- health card
- any medications
- any respiratory devices (ie. Aerochamberä, CPAP machine, etc.) that the child is using
- any chest x-rays that have been done outside of CHEO (either films or on CD).
CHEO will contact the referring physician if there are special instructions for the family and patient regarding their visit.
For more information about your visit to CHEO, please visit http://www.cheo.on.ca/en/gettingtoCHEO
Download the Chest Clinic Pamphlet.